Iuta Tepa

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Iuta Tepa

Post by Irse »

2k_Hawaii wrote:
krazychinaman wrote:
bowfan wrote:on the other board there is a article where Tepa says he's still committed to Hawaii after the oregon trip.
SHOW ME!!! i will freak if is true!...

as far as star rating...hate to bring it up look at the hawaii bowl...ND full of 5 and 4 star player....star in a way does make a different

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=219&f=1136&t=3800707
Would be something if they did their own scouting but they just give out stars according to who's recruiting them. Naturally they'll give out the five starts to USC's recruits. So it's the colleges doing the scouting for them and they'll piggy back off of the schools. How many stars did the kid from Kapolei have before committing to USC and how many did he have after? I bet it was more after and not the same.
ImageImage

bowfan
Starter
Starter

Post by bowfan »

Sounds like he's leaning toward UCLA
Defensive lineman Iuta Tepa (Poly, Calif./ Long Beach) was supposed to visit Colorado this weekend, but he didn't and it sounds like his decision could come sooner rather than later.

Tepa, an early commitment to Hawaii before backing off, has visited the Warriors and Oregon. He also has a visit set with UCLA for next weekend but could commit in the next few days.

"I got sick and couldn't make it to Colorado," Tepa said. "At this point, I don't have any plans to re-schedule the trip and I actually could commit pretty soon here.

"I'm leaning to UCLA and I'm going to visit there this weekend. I've been to UCLA before though so I could actually commit before I even visit. It's not for sure and I could wait until after my visit but I'm definitely thinking a lot about making my decision in the next few days."
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/ind ... Recruiting

tangomike
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tangomike »

darn it!!!!

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Hopefully something will change his mind back to UH but doesn't look so good right now.
ImageImage

kepaniamekolea
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by kepaniamekolea »

Oh well, if he comes then great...if not, then that's fine too. Gotta take care and build up the recruits that want to become warriors. No sense worrying about it anyways, the kids gotta do what he thinks is right for him. Good luck where ever he goes, but gotta remember no place like Hawaii... Hawaii no ka 'oi!

thanohano44
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: baseball aint a sport.
NBA: Suns
NFL: Raiders

Post by thanohano44 »

let's hope if and when he gets here, he can contribute right away.

warriorfan_82
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
NFL: St. Louis Rams

Post by warriorfan_82 »

well best of luck to him... :( next! :D

Makai TailG8TAZ
Starter
Starter

Post by Makai TailG8TAZ »

If Tepa really wants to stay close to home and play close to family then good luck to him at UCLA. If there is any chance of changing his mind back to UH, I'm sure Coach Mack will do everything in his power to land this young man. Use that magic and build that Defense by landing the best possible players Coach.

bowfan
Starter
Starter

Post by bowfan »

Tepa is no longer considering Hawaii and looks like will be going to UCLA
Long Beach (Calif.) Poly defensive end Iuta Tepa (6-2, 240) said he no longer considers himself a commit to Hawaii, and that he’s no longer considering the Warriors.
That bodes well for UCLA, where he’s visiting this weekend, and who he said is his leader.

“I’m visiting UCLA this weekend and I’m not even really thinking about Hawaii anymore,” said Tepa. “Right now, I’m focused on staying here. I haven’t committed yet but I’m pretty excited about UCLA. If everything goes right, I’ll probably commit this weekend. I just talked to Stan (Stanjarivus McKay) about what was going on and he was saying to commit.”

Tepa visited Hawaii and Oregon this month, and had good experiences on both visits.

“With Hawaii, it was my first time visiting there,” said Tepa. “It’s nice out there. It was humid but still nice. They have the whole city thing going on and they have the beach right there.”
http://ucla.scout.com/2/834318.html

The808Chef
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: SF 49ers, Denver Broncos

Post by The808Chef »

Don't give up! Never give up! :-

Keep trying! We got 1 week. Get 'em coaches!!

GDL! Help the ohana out bro! Actually...I'm worried about him too now that Tepa and Stan are soon-to-be Bruins.
Often wrong...seldom in doubt!

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Bummer. But good luck to him.
Better that he made it clear NOW rather than on signing day, or even worse, signing then transfering out.
Coachs can go get someone that WANTS to be a WARRIOR.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

Waryor
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Waryor »

the ONLY way we get him now is if his scholarship offer from ucla falls through. looks like we're his backup plan.

oh well, no problem... we're probably over our limit and this will help someone get in the fall instead of greyshirting. or perhaps his scholie will open up for someone else...

2k_Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: ATL Braves
NFL: SF 49ers

Post by 2k_Hawaii »

Stephen Tsai:
January 28th, 2009 at 1:36 pm
Re: Tepa.
UH believes it’s in the running, so I imagine it’s in the running.
I can’t read a person’s thoughts, or heart. Sometimes it’s like a virus. You can’t detect the source, but the presence is known because of the antibodies (the reaction). The echo appears he’s still interested in UH.
http://warriorbeat.honadvblogs.com/2009 ... /#comments

warriorfan18
Starter
Starter

Post by warriorfan18 »

Goodluck to this kid wherever he goes. But just remember when nobody knew about you Hawaii was the first to sack up and offer you a schollie. With all of these recruits leaving for UCLA I hope Hawaii gets to play them in the near future! It would be really fun to watch.

bowfan
Starter
Starter

Post by bowfan »

update so far on Tepa's visit if any cares
Nothing yet on commitments from the football visitors, but Long Beach Poly defensive end Iuta Tepa and Stonewall Jackson (Manassas, Va.) running back Damien Thigpen were at the basketball game.
I know UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel is supposed to meet with Tepa tonight.
Not surprisingly, I was told both are having a great time. I will let everyone know if either one commits, but so far it has not happened.
http://www.insidesocal.com/ucla/2009/01 ... l#comments