Something I haven't seen since 1998

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

Something I haven't seen since 1998

Post by BigWave96744 »

Coaches and players leaving the field before the Alma Matter....
June brought back team pride...
Win or lose the team stayed for the Alma Mater...
I was SHOCKED to see certain staff walking to the locker room immediate after the game, followed by many players....

WTH????

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Re: Something I haven't seen since 1998

Post by xer 21 »

a harbinger of things to come?

nerw coach has terrible seasons, JJ is called by something deep inside of him to return home and save the team he loves!

again :-?
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

xer 21 wrote:a harbinger of things to come?

nerw coach has terrible seasons, JJ is called by something deep inside of him to return home and save the team he loves!

yeah, in typical JJ fashion. he'll wait til the team is winless and there are no expectations so that he can be the "hero" again. then after so many seasons and when the expectations grow he'll bolt and leave us with no experience on offense. sounds good to me.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

poidog wrote:
xer 21 wrote:a harbinger of things to come?

yeah, in typical JJ fashion. he'll wait til the team is winless and there are no expectations so that he can be the "hero" again. then after so many seasons and when the expectations grow he'll bolt and leave us with no experience on offense. sounds good to me.
who cares, at least we wont be like this again. and cmon, its JJ, he lives to help struggling teams. i dont think he left because of the growing expectations. if he was going to do that, he would have pushed colt into the draft in 06 and left that year.

targets.

Waryor
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Waryor »

well, jj aint performing any miracles at smu.

i'm still sticking with mack for now. but he'll need to make some tough decisions soon.

oldhawaiiguy
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by oldhawaiiguy »

JJ lives for MONEY and young coeds. Get real!

Exiled
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Exiled »

back on topic:

It is a shame that the team is losing more than games. They are losing their pride and perhaps their identity.

BTW, anyone see the Ha'a? Mack said he wants the whole team to participate. Did more of the team participate this time?

sts808
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by sts808 »

Exiled wrote:back on topic:

It is a shame that the team is losing more than games. They are losing their pride and perhaps their identity.

BTW, anyone see the Ha'a? Mack said he wants the whole team to participate. Did more of the team participate this time?
i think i saw around 20+ on a knee to the side not doing it...very surprising

Manoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Manoa »

Maybe it's bachi-- we keep knocking JJ we keep doing worse and JJ is doing better and better-- his QB is doing great and they are very happy about their just fell short rally at Tulane. To SMU they see light at the end of the tunnel, to us we see the train coming at us.

lava
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by lava »

Manoa wrote:Maybe it's bachi-- we keep knocking JJ we keep doing worse and JJ is doing better and better-- his QB is doing great and they are very happy about their just fell short rally at Tulane. To SMU they see light at the end of the tunnel, to us we see the train coming at us.
Bachi? JJ sucks eggs; so are we destined to lose the next game now? :lol:

SMU loves its new qb? Mr. Bo Throw Some More But Please No Interceptions Mitchell? They love him?

We were the better team against San Jose. Six turnovers has nothing to do with bachi or JJ.

Mack will get this done. Huge improvement since the last game.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

This is a family that was broken up all of a sudden. They lost their leaders and friends. They probably could use some therapy to help them with their shock of losing them. If your family had all of a sudden lost a couple of family members wouldn't you get therapy? I may be reaching with this but I'd bet it would help bring them closer as a team. Maybe that's what they need so they can pull together as a team.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

managerr
All-conference
All-conference

Post by managerr »

If your family had all of a sudden lost a couple of family members wouldn't you get therapy? I may be reaching with this but I'd bet it would help bring them closer as a team. Maybe that's what they need so they can pull together as a team.
A little too out of the box I think. There is no therapy in football! The best therapy is winning. Seriously.

Bakalolo
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Bakalolo »

lava wrote:SMU loves its new qb? Mr. Bo Throw Some More But Please No Interceptions Mitchell? They love him?
After his 2nd half comeback against Tulane, quite a number of fans over on the Ponyfans board who had given up on BLM and were questioning JJ's sanity and stubbornness for not playing Willis after being thrashed by Tech and TCU are now seeing why JJ stuck with him since the offense is showing shades of what they saw from UH.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Bakalolo wrote:
lava wrote:SMU loves its new qb? Mr. Bo Throw Some More But Please No Interceptions Mitchell? They love him?
After his 2nd half comeback against Tulane, quite a number of fans over on the Ponyfans board who had given up on BLM and were questioning JJ's sanity and stubbornness for not playing Willis after being thrashed by Tech and TCU are now seeing why JJ stuck with him since the offense is showing shades of what they saw from UH.
They will learn like we did that JJ will do what he wants to do because it is what he does.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

RedZone wrote:
Bakalolo wrote:
They will learn like we did that JJ will do what he wants to do because it is what he does.
you know what tho? i loved every second of it. i dont care what JJ's motives were, fact is, it was successful.

targets.