NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Biggest Addition next year?

Post by bigislandkurt »

Manti Te'o?

Waianae's Keli'ikipi?

Punahou's Makaula?

All Wrong.

The Biggest addition next year will be the return of George Kauwalu.

BIK
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

lava
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: Biggest Addition next year?

Post by lava »

That would be huge if it materializes. Is he going to be a UH Warrior?

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

We should ask Doris. If anyone knows, she would.

If George joins the Warriors next year, he and Paipai are gonna destroy ballcarriers.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

Waryor
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Waryor »

yeah, i sure hope he comes back to us, cause he'll probably have more offers now.

did you look at az western's roster? lots of hawaii boys. you would think it was hawaii western jc instead.

PIAA DS
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by PIAA DS »

George has been a topic of discussion at UH. At a recent coaches meeting Cal told me he would love to have him come back so I made sure he had all his contact information at AzWestern. Whether George does what he needs to do is up to him, if he does, he'll probably be a Warrior. He wants to be. Cal is also speaking to Jacob Barit and also from the same JC and Waianae H.S. 2008 JC All-American candidate Travis Nua. All three are being courted by various other schools including Arkansas, Louisville, Arizona and Arizona State (not all by the same but these are the schools in the mix)

PIAA DS
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by PIAA DS »

Waryor wrote:yeah, i sure hope he comes back to us, cause he'll probably have more offers now.

did you look at az western's roster? lots of hawaii boys. you would think it was hawaii western jc instead.
AzWestern is an attractive alternate to California for the local boys who might not be able to afford the Cali tuition. They have the WUE (western undergraduate exchange) scholarship, plus football scholarships plus with the Pell grant they actually get money back and can use that for personal expenses. They have room, board, books and tuition all covered so I can see it as a viable, affordable alternative and kids get recruited to good programs from that conference. Eastern Arizona is in the same situation only kind of in the middle of the desert. AzWestern is at least in a fast growing town with a Hawaiian BBQ restaurant in the mall! ha!

Waryor
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Waryor »

George has been a topic of discussion at UH. At a recent coaches meeting Cal told me he would love to have him come back so I made sure he had all his contact information at AzWestern. Whether George does what he needs to do is up to him, if he does, he'll probably be a Warrior. He wants to be. Cal is also speaking to Jacob Barit and also from the same JC and Waianae H.S. 2008 JC All-American candidate Travis Nua. All three are being courted by various other schools including Arkansas, Louisville, Arizona and Arizona State (not all by the same but these are the schools in the mix)

AzWestern is an attractive alternate to California for the local boys who might not be able to afford the Cali tuition. They have the WUE (western undergraduate exchange) scholarship, plus football scholarships plus with the Pell grant they actually get money back and can use that for personal expenses. They have room, board, books and tuition all covered so I can see it as a viable, affordable alternative and kids get recruited to good programs from that conference. Eastern Arizona is in the same situation only kind of in the middle of the desert. AzWestern is at least in a fast growing town with a Hawaiian BBQ restaurant in the mall! ha!
thanks for the info. hope we get all three.

guaransballbearins
Starter
Starter

Post by guaransballbearins »

bigislandkurt wrote:Manti Te'o?

Waianae's Keli'ikipi?

Punahou's Makaula?

All Wrong.

BIK
Biggest addition next year = Kainoa LaCount! (George would be awesome too).

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

guaransballbearins wrote:

Waianae's Keli'ikipi?

Punahou's Makaula?

All Wrong.

BIK
Biggest addition next year = Kainoa LaCount! (George would be awesome too).
NOT! I would switch it around = George Kauwalu (Kainoa would be awesome too).

Doris! Mahalo for the info, I know we have talked about this before. Today, as in the last time we discussed George, I'm happy to know that he wants to come home. Like you said, he needs to handle business both on the field and in the classroom. If the classroom part does not happen, NO BODY will see Kuawalu next year. He caused a little "buzz" up in AZ last year regarding his play. I'm sure he is going to break out this year. You told us in the past that AWC coaches had a good connection to Hawaii. I noticed that this year, they got a new coach. Think that will change things now? I sure hope not because George is still tops on my recruit list. Manti too of course, but we all know how that story is going.

I think we gotta keep the George to UH campaign alive!

BIK
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets

Post by letsgobows »

i dont know what i want.

right now this is my list of hawaii guys i want:

1. chad lopati DE/LB
2. conrad scheidt LB
3. simione vehikite RB/LB -not offered yet
4. wade keliikipi DT
5. aulola tonga S
6. mana rosa DT/DE

majority are on the defensive side, and we already have commits from TJ Alofipo, Veni Manu and Kimo Makaula. In addition, we have an offer out to Liloa Nobriga. Kauwalu and Barit, are great, but they only have 2 years left. Paipai will be prime for PT next season. Hopefully Brashton can stay healthy. Hopefully Blaze has another year. Mana Lolotai should push for PT next season as well. RJ Kiesel-Kauhane has been improving since his freshman year.

1 thing is for sure, Cal Lee has a nice problem on his hands.
college football=drama for men.
GO WARRIORS!

lava
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by lava »

I like the guys mentioned, but in addition, we need some tackles. If Hosiak bolts to the mainland, we need to recruit the mainland for tackles. Not sure if any local guys fit the bill.

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets

Post by letsgobows »

lava wrote:I like the guys mentioned, but in addition, we need some tackles. If Hosiak bolts to the mainland, we need to recruit the mainland for tackles. Not sure if any local guys fit the bill.
yup, might have to go to the mainland for tackles, and maybe even OL as a whoel. im counting hasiak as a goner. i dont really know what hawaii has to offer in OL this year, no animals stick out like a Vince Manuwai, Samson Satele, Jeremy Perry, etc.
college football=drama for men.
GO WARRIORS!

PIAA DS
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by PIAA DS »

One of the assistants at AzWestern is still there and he introduced me to the new coach and the new coach is still wanting to recruit Hawaii. Things shouldnt change except for the better. The 'old' coach - Coach Pryor moved back to closer to his family so he's now assistant coach at Eastern Arizona where he started out. Eastern has always had local boys but Pryor really pushes for Hawaii so Im sure both schools will continue to build the pipeline, giving the local athletes a great alternative. by the way, we have a lot of VB, Softball and baseball players in the arizona jc system as well. new coach told me that George, Travis and Jacob should all be all-conference.

bmenor
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NBA: LA Lakers

Post by bmenor »

Waianae's Keli'ikipi?

Punahou's Makaula?

All Wrong.

BIK

i wouldnt mind having Manti though :hello1:

grindz
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by grindz »

letsgobows wrote:i dont know what i want.

right now this is my list of hawaii guys i want:

1. chad lopati DE/LB
2. conrad scheidt LB
3. simione vehikite RB/LB -not offered yet
4. wade keliikipi DT
5. aulola tonga S
6. mana rosa DT/DE

majority are on the defensive side, and we already have commits from TJ Alofipo, Veni Manu and Kimo Makaula. In addition, we have an offer out to Liloa Nobriga. Kauwalu and Barit, are great, but they only have 2 years left. Paipai will be prime for PT next season. Hopefully Brashton can stay healthy. Hopefully Blaze has another year. Mana Lolotai should push for PT next season as well. RJ Kiesel-Kauhane has been improving since his freshman year.

1 thing is for sure, Cal Lee has a nice problem on his hands.
Chad Lopati....over Manti Te'o? :-?

I agree with Kauwaluu though. He is the type of guy who sends shivers down the spines of the offensive linemen and running backs who have to go head to head with him