How we going stop Tebow???

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

How we going stop Tebow???

Post by browndog »

Jake Locker, 6'3", 225 from UW ate us up last year.
We face a bigger better version of him in Tim Tebow in Gainsville.

Anyone have any ideas of how to slow this dude down????

I going vote to have Blaze spy him every snap.

grindz
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: How we going stop Tebow???

Post by grindz »

browndog wrote:Jake Locker, 6'3", 225 from UW ate us up last year.
We face a bigger better version of him in Tim Tebow in Gainsville.

Anyone have any ideas of how to slow this dude down????

I going vote to have Blaze spy him every snap.

Well Tebow is stronger than Locker...he showed that he can run over guys. hes also faster.
thats not what worries me though....im sure we can find a way to stop Tebow but how are we gonna stop Emmanuel Moody, Chris Rainy, Percy Harvin and the others?

guaransballbearins
Starter
Starter

Post by guaransballbearins »

grindz wrote: Well Tebow is stronger than Locker...he showed that he can run over guys. hes also faster.
thats not what worries me though....im sure we can find a way to stop Tebow but how are we gonna stop Emmanuel Moody, Chris Rainy, Percy Harvin and the others?
Actually I think Locker is a lot faster than Tebow...but you're right, Tebow is stronger and is also a much better passer than Locker. Im sure Coack Mack will figure something out...............i hope [-o<

TheWitness23
Starter
Starter

Post by TheWitness23 »

guaransballbearins wrote:
grindz wrote: Well Tebow is stronger than Locker...he showed that he can run over guys. hes also faster.
Actually I think Locker is a lot faster than Tebow...but you're right, Tebow is stronger and is also a much better passer than Locker. Im sure Coack Mack will figure something out...............i hope [-o<
locker is the fastest guy on UW team ask any of their players. urban meyer's offense doesn't suit well versus leonard, eliminian, and soares. i'd say front seven pressure is key to controlling florida.
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG/PSN ID: TheWitness23
Yes, I know my internet sucks stop complaining about it over Live/PSN I can't do anything about it.

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

We can't stop Tebow, we can only hope to contain him.

And then there's that issue of June Jones flapping his jacks last season. Tebow and the Gators will have a lot of incentive to bury the Warriors.

At this point, I want to believe that the Warriors have a chance. But I'm of the realization that the game could get ugly and fast.

Waryor
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Waryor »

Jake Locker, 6'3", 225 from UW ate us up last year.
what? was i watching a different game than you?

locker did practically nothing against our d.

it was rankin who ran all over us. but only in the first quarter.

locker had 218 TOTAL yards and 70 of those yards came in the last two minutes of the game. compare that to the 493 total yards that locker had against arizona. so i'd say we did a pretty good job containing locker.

so i suspect we'll do okay against tebow.

but make no mistake, i have NO ILLUSIONS that we'll win. florida is the type of team that could easily blow us out of the water. something like 63-10 is not unreasonable to believe could happen.

but i have confidence in our defense that we'll 'hold' tebow and florida to about 35 points. i'm more worried about our offense. no matter who plays qb, i think we'll be lucky to score even one td. my early prediction is 35-10 florida.

bowfan
Starter
Starter

Post by bowfan »

We're just going to have to keep him unbalanced and blitz from all over the place to keep constant pressure on him. Also think one of our safeties, preferably Robinson, needs to be in the box to make Tebow's arm beat us instead of his legs.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

I say we put in Dan Kelly at LB for a couple of plays and dare Tebow to try and run over our kicker. Dan can lay the smack down and then we can move on to win the game :)
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

vailima
All-conference
All-conference

Post by vailima »

have the D tape cryptonite to their jerseys...we cannot stop tebow, we have to score more than he does.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

4 teams beat Florida last year: Auburn, LSU, Georgia, and Michigan. 3 of those teams won by less than a touchdown. Georgia beat 'em by more than a TD, but couldn't manage to score as much points as they could against us.

Last year, I could not bet on Hawaii, because the spreads were ridiculously high in favor of Hawaii. This year, Florida may be my only chance to bet on Hawaii.

Florida's got everything to lose.

gambit_808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Mariners
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Raiders

Post by gambit_808 »

watch tape.

its the only thing you can do.

its like kobe (not that tebow could ever be as unstoppable as kobe, but you know what i mean). you cant stop him, he has to stop himself.

so we just gotta get people in the right places for him to hopefully make bad plays.

with another year in the defense...i feel like our guys will have better success. our D will win us a LOT of games this year. thats my hunch

808havok
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808havok »

i think the defense will play good enough to win - i think the offense will play poorly enough to lose.

now with live hitting during practice, i'm hoping the defense comes out ready to play on the very first snap. the defense has also seen washington's and georgia's running game and their speed. i'm hoping they make tebow and co. earn every yard.

on the flip side, the offense has to score! gosh dang it. the defense played pretty good against a stacked georgia offense; it was the dang offense that couldn't move the ball. it *would've* been a shoot-out had colt and co. scored...

there are the intangibles that we can never count out - whoever becomes the starting qb has got a lot to prove, uh has nothing to lose, and the boys will want to prove last year was not a fluke.

i'm not holding my breath, but, i get the feeling we'll see a usc vs. uh or a georgia vs. uh type of result. them boys are just in a different league. whatever the result of the game, the experience will be invaluable for the rest of the season.

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Post by uhwarrior23 »

I don't think we can stop the guy. It'll take a team effort to contain him. He is bigger faster and stronger than Jake Locker, which is scary. I don't think he has as strong as an arm but is an overall better athlete.
I don't think Locker ate us up. He did very well the first quarter in a half, then we made our adjustments and did much better against him. I think they scored 28 pts the first quarter in a half then we shut them out the rest of the way. I could be wrong, though.
We have a great front 7 that can contain this guy. We'll just have to play great alignment, assignment football, especially considering they are a spread option team. You can't just worry about Tebow. You have to worry about him handing it off to their great RB's as well as play action and throwing the ball over the top.

opihi
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by opihi »

Maybe crazy, but Gators have to be affected by the heat as well, right?

What if we use blitzes flush him out of the pocket and let him run on us the entire first half. At least we can sub out our D. Make um tired, we stay fresh.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

opihi wrote:Maybe crazy, but Gators have to be affected by the heat as well, right?
Yep, only thing is that they have High School All-American 2nd, 3rd and 4th stringers. :)
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"